Search

Singin' Swede Cottage Pie Slimming World Recipe

5% Fat Beef Mince 

I used a 500g pack for four
Onion and Shallots 
I used 5 onions and 5 shallots
Oxo Beef Cubes 
I used two
Marmite 
I used about two tablespoons.
Carrots
Five carrots altogether
Swede
One large one, like the size of a head, if you can get a hold of this. 

Method:


1. Brown your mince, don't add any oil, the natural fat of the meat will flavour it.
2. Skin and chop some of your onions and shallots and put them in a pan with a couple of sprays of frylight.
3. Put the onions in with the mince, stir, turn the heat down and now focus on the gravy. 
4. Take two oxocubes, beef preferably, 500ml of water and some of your onions and wazz them up in a high powered blender, the onions make it thicker. If you don't have one of these then put the gravy mixture in with the onions and allow to simmer before incorporating into the beef. I'm a lazy cook so if I can get a gadget that will do it for me HELL YEAH I'm gonna use it. 
5. Once the beef and onions and gravy simmering nicely you can work on the swede topper.
6. Lob your swede/turnip into the microwave!
7. Cut the carrots into teeny tiny cubes and out these in the frying pan with your mince meat.
8. Wait until it starts singing, or whistling SWWWWWEEEEEEE. This is why we call it singing swede.
9. Take the swede from the microwave and chop the top off and scoop out the innards into a separate bowl, mash it up with a fork.
10. Take a casserole dish, I prefer rectangle ones for this but whatever you have available to you at the time. The Mince meat and carrot mixture needs to be laid on the bottom evenly.
11. Pre Heat the over, best 20 do it at 180 this will allow you an extra 30 mins.
12. The Swede will be laid on top, I use a fork to make wave like peaks in the swede.
13. But the casserole dish in the oven, if you have done it on 180 you will have around 30 mins to do what you need to do in terms of cleaning away, plating up and making a little side salad for your speed.








No comments

I love it when you leave comments, leave a blog post link or your twitter and I'll always message you to tell you I've replied.