Search

Weekend Diary W.E 10th Feb 2019

I'm writing this sat on my sofa after a weekend that has gone entirely too fast. I'm watching Avengers Infinity War after watching Doctor Strange because me and J have promised ourselves a Marvel Marathon. It's Sunday at 7 'o' clock and I am considering an early night already. J is mega shattered because he has been to work for 6 hours and then been shopping with me and then put the wardrobe doors up while I made dinner and sorted the kitchen out. It's a bomb site now but both of us are too tired to tackle it and that is what reality and adulthood is when you fly the nest. 

It's dishes that never stop
Cooking that comes around quickly
Food that you thought you needed but didn't eat
Work wear that needs washing
Never getting to laundry zero
Pack up that you have to remember to take
Your own bed that you sleep in
Pride over your nest
Contentment when you sleep
Weekends that go too fast

It's not easy but god its worth it!

J has been working all weekend and all week because simply he is amazing, (yes I am aware that this maybe a little gushy on the internet but gawd if you bitter about it, don't be, let me love my man). On Saturday I couldn't go back to sleep when he woke to go to work at 7am, I tidied for a bit and then went to my nanan and grandads and had a brew before J met me there and we went to IKEA. As soon as we got back home around half four on Saturday we had guests come to our house for a games night and they all arrived around 5ish 6ish.

It was soooooo much fun! 

We played EXPLODING KITTENS, and we laughed and played tactically. I won twice.

They then left around 8pm and we went to bed and put the first episode of Game of Thrones on, we're also trying to do a GOT marathon before the new series comes out and season 7 expires on NowTV.
We're millenials in the fact that we don't watch soaps, I'm not a fan of the BGT franchise so I don't really get into that either, but show me a good series on Netflix or BBC iPlayer and I am all for it.
Come Sunday and J went to work again and I didn't wake till quarter to 9 which is really late for me and I didn't physically get out bed until 10. 

I defrosted the Gammon we've had in the freezer since Jan 20th.
Then I stuck it in the slow cooker with a bit of water. I hoovered downstairs; living room, dining room and kitchen and wiped down the kitchen sides. Washed the pots and put a load of washing in.
I got dressed for when J came home and we went to Aldi for our weekly shop. While I left him to put the food away, I took a trip to B&M and bought some essentials for under £30. 

I found my favourite scent of Lenor Unstoppables for £4.99 so naturally I had to buy three! I am addicted to this scent, it is my crack! I then did dinner while J put three wardrobes doors on. We've eaten it now and here I am sat writing this at 7:55pm on a Sunday night!

How did your weekend go?



No comments

I love it when you leave comments, leave a blog post link or your twitter and I'll always message you to tell you I've replied.