Search

FAB-ruary Goals


I have made New years Resolutions, mine for years and years was to go to the gym, eat healthy and of course one that I have consistently got better at, be organised. This year I am doing it differently, I didn't wanna do it in January when everyone is gung-ho on personal development, I'm doing it in February when I have had a month to reflect on what I want out of the year, what I can achieve and generally what I am excited about. Also I don't believe in whole-year goals, if I split it up into chunks of months and areas, I feel more inclined not to give myself a mental get out clause.

January Reflections

I have been journaling my moods and my frustrations for a good month now and I feel I have become more self-aware because of it. I know my negatives at least and what I want to work on, and I know the positives and what I wanna keep. For that reason having January as a reflection period instead of all jumping on the goal bandwagon was paramount in me knowing what I actually want out of this year. Me and my partner really have everything in life shared, he is my life partner, so my goals also have to be his in a way because we share our finances, if it is money related therefore this goal will partly depend on him too!


If you have seen my earlier post we bought an IKEA Pax Wardrobe, and we are in the process of making it complete. We need doors for the wardrobe portions and drawers for the middle section. Things are done bit by bit in our house because we like to keep a healthy pot in the savings, also the way we both get paid is different, and our bill period is a two week long segment of our earnings.
We save for a month and spend and buy bits, instead of save for 6 months and have a big blow out.

This is why I have put "After 9th" because that is when all our bills are paid and the money in our joint account is divided up into savings and home and personal improvement. For march we have something really exciting for J planned that will develop his career and job prospects and earning potential, so we are really excited for that, but I am jumping the gun here because that won't happen till march.

The pink curtain issue is entirely my fault though, I should have done it as soon as I bought them, but going back to work and getting back into a routine has thrown me. So this Saturday the 2nd of Feb I will be installing them as soon as I wake the F up.
 
The spare room needs a massive overhaul, we still have clothes in suitcases from when we packed up and moved in so these need taking out and going through! I also need to store some of the suitcases for when we have a holiday this year. Soon enough everything will be in place and we will then be able to add soft furnishing and decorating. Even though I am highly dubious of decorating a house that doesn't belong to me as I rent at the minute.

I have just purchased some hangers from amazon for me and J, and I will be taking most of these as I have the most clothes, J's items can be stored away in the drawer section as most of what he wears is work related anyways. He wears a lot of black. I wear a lot of work trousers, even though my personal resolutions this year will be to actually ADD to my closet, unlike most of the de-cluttering goals a lot of people have this year.

My goal is to add some more grown up pieces to my wardrobe and phase out the girly things! I ideally I wanna portray myself from now on is an element of glamour, youthful maturity. I also want to be able to go to work in everything I own, apart from Jeans and my night out clothes of course and still look professional or well-to-do. I am literally trying to become my alter ego this year in my fashion choices.

Because I have my car back I now have more time to stay in bed, which is making me a tad lazy however it is centering me to my vanity more than my bed and I have found that I have been putting more makeup on because of this.
I am actually sitting down and looking at myself.

Back in July and August of 2018 I really fancied myself and would get up early, make myself look cute for work and I went. It needs to happen again, I want to feel good about myself and confident, and part of that is actually taking the time out to make myself look nice.

I feel like self-preservation is like looking after a car, if you thrash it about and don't get the paint worked checked, it can be the most amazing runner but no one is gonna wanna be in or near it (I'm verging on sexual innuendo with this) but if you have a slow vehicle that looks immaculate it might not be as great but people wanna get in it and be around it.

The company I work for is investing in my mind, by sending me to college, I should also be as nice to myself and invest in my get ready time and make myself HOT again! I honestly owe it to myself to feel absolutely amazing about myself and I need to start with some self-care. 

My version of self-care is making myself feel nice and sexy, and to enjoy my looks. I also need to back this up with some selfies, of course and what better excuse for a selfie than a night out with your main ones. I have just stumbled on a great little pub in my village that I would like to frequent more with my boyfriend and family so this is the reason for all this self-care effort in my looks and style. And of course I wanna do well in my new college course I will be taking in the end of Feb.

So basically in the month of Feb I want to sort out my house, buy more clothes, become more vain, get more pissed and get educated. Who's with me!!!
Leave me a comment with a link to your goals on your blog, if you are a fellow blogger like me, or tweet me at @kewteepye











No comments

I love it when you leave comments, leave a blog post link or your twitter and I'll always message you to tell you I've replied.