Search

St. Moriz Advanced Pro Formula Develop Medium Review

Ahh fake tan, I have missed it. I've lathered it on my body and can smell the distinctive biscuit aroma start to permeate my nose. J thinks I smell like holiday, such a bullshitter! Haha. The products. I am testing St. Moriz Advanced Pro Formula Develop Velvet Finish against the cult classic -Garnier Ambre Solaire Summer Body which is just THE shit when it comes to gradual tanning. It has now been changed to a self tan milk which claims to be a no streaks bronzer however the original and in my opinion the best version can be found on Feel Unique website. (Following that link and joining will give you and me both 20% off your first order. So do what I do and create another email address and claim the perk!)
I bought mine through TopCashback, I bought this and some other things and got cashback of £1.39, not much but considering I was gonna buy it anyways, I will be using this throughout the year to save myself some quids on beauty products. If you would like to join TopCashback, click on the links and it will give me some money. I'm not gonna beat around the bush, I am supersavvy with being thrifty, so if I can save you some money for the things you are gonna buy anyways AND earn some dollar at same time, I am gonna plug it. So by all means, click away and lets be savvy together.

Back to the post.
St Moritz! It has been a queens year since I have used this stuff, and I did not know that they had anything other than the mouse or spray, so when I was on Feel Unique I was genuinely excited to put this little treat into my basket. I got two St Moritz products but the second will be coming in a secondary post with it's competitor soon, so watch out for that. This product however intrigued me because I didn't know if it was a developing tan, or a fake tan without the guide colour, which in essence is the same thing. Wow, I don't know SHIT about fake tan. So obviously I bought it, if I can make head-nor-tales about a fake tan product, so can you, friend.


 photo SDC10827_zps904e2822.jpg
Squeezy bottles, I don't know if I like them or dislike them as they come in so many forms, this St Moritz one is the triangular kind. The scrimper kind, because this is the kind that I chop up to get the very last drops out of. The garnier bottle is thicker, and not able to be cut into unless you have coping saw, so in that regard, St Mortiz wins this for me. I also like the subtle transition in colour on DEVELOP.
I have had to edit this photo to fully show you as in RL it is very faint. I hope the tan isn't the same.

Formula
Cold- What a shock this is putting it onto the skin, I reckon this would be better warmed up on the hand first but I used it with a mitt so it had no hand warmth.
Thick Consistency- It feels like a cold cream, because it is COLD, but its thick like a barrier cream. Odd.
Drys down pretty fast, apart from your moist bits (who hates that word) like under your tits if you have large TATTS like I do, or between the thighs. Thankfully, I am getting into bed straight from this so I don't think it will rub off through movement. As per I always like to blast my body with the hairdryer when tanning because I'm stood naked like a zombie and as previously stated this cream was  cold.
Colour- No guide colour. Garnier is white in comparison, this genuinely looks like skin. Because there is no guide colour, I doubt they will be any sheet transference.

SEEEEEE! It's like the colour of skin, but translucent.
We will see in the morning what it has developed like.

MORNNNNNNNNINNNGGGGGG!
Me again, you still here, because this post is quite long, thank you for your commitment.

The Tan!
Is streaky as fuck, on one leg ONLY!

This stuff really needs time to be worked in but because it is so cold it's hard to not work fast, so first thoughts slow and steady wins the race here. I also had it on my palms even though I had been wearing mitts, so it must have seeped through and got me. It was only a cheap mitt, one sided sponge applicator with plastic inner backing.
Or I've touched myself in the middle of the night. This is definitely not for beginners, and my Tan Hiatus has definitely landed me in the beginner status.

When I got to work, it just kept getting darker and because I don't have time to wash it off in the morning I had to go to work with it still on. Thankfully my work outfit was long. Long sleeved and long trousers so I was suitably covered. Now I can't say for certain here, because I really wanna love this product, I think my technique for applying might have not been consistent across the board all over my body because there are some areas that are perfect, and others are just a fucking disaster, so how do you get results like that, by being inconsistent.



So here is a picture of my first attempt, the left leg is just OMGDIDSHESLIPINSHIT???

I love self-reflection
1. First fuck up, I put too much on my left leg as opposed to my right one.
2. I used too much on both legs to begin with.
3. I didn't spend equal time on both legs.
4. I rushed. Purely because the formula was so cold I wanted to buff it into my body as fast as I could. I wish I could find a way of warming the stuff up without sticking the bottle in the microwave.
5. I underestimated the colour it would develop. Unlike Garnier, it actually develops into something noticeable, not just a little tickle of colour, so when I slathered it on, and wasted it, I was expecting a little tickle of colour (even though I got the medium bottle) so yet again back to the second point I used too much.
6. The mitt I used was starting to get full with product, so it could have done with an extra two for different areas of my body. One for each leg, and one for torso and arms. 


Farr too much!








No comments

I love it when you leave comments, leave a blog post link or your twitter and I'll always message you to tell you I've replied.