Search

Dunelm Cleaning Haul UK


Dunelm Cleaning Haul UK
I really enjoy cleaning when it's something I don't have to do. Without complaining about my previous habitat too much living with my mum was difficult because it would soon be messy again after I had cleaned. In my own home because I am cleaning only my own mess I am mess preventative when it comes to living my life.
For example I wipe the oven down every night after using the hob, to someone this maybe excessive and to other this may be a done thing and wonders who doesn't do that but I have come from a family home that didn't and now I do. That being said, having my own place is marvellous but we have inherited some of the old tenants mess, one of them is that the skirting boards are a bit knackered, the sealing caulk around the bathroom and kitchen could do with redoing and the vinyl in the kitchen was harbouring some gunk underneath the previous tenants carpet runner.
So I have needed to get a couple of floor bits for a while. Especially a mop and dusting heads.
Before moving out me and J cleaned our cars using Dunelm's click and clean extendable handle and the bathroom tile brush, he has a van so he needed something that would be extendable! Lemme say that the tile brush is amazing for cars, we haven't used it on the bathroom yet. I also got the Rectangular mop head at the time but this works more as a dusting and soaker- upper than a mopper.
So obviously I didn't wanna go out and buy a whole separate mop when I have an interchangeable head system sitting for me at home, and obviously I knew I had to go back to Dunelm for the heads for this.
So without Further Ado: Here's what I bought.




















1.Clock Lock Lid-Link
This is classed as food storage, but me and J use these kinds of storage for makeshift lunch boxes.
You can get lunch boxes from Dunelm in all different types of colours but I like these for their simple nature.
Mainly for work, and more for me than J because he already has a lunch box from IKEA with the green lids, however when I am Fekkling (our word for cleaning) I like to make a "Solution"- to my problems- and take it to the areas I am cleaning without it spilling all over the carpet, especially if it has bleach in it.

2.Duster Refill-Link
Duster mopheads are the best. I chuffin love these things, they have so many uses, you can use a duster mophead for cleaning the floors using a spray bottle, they are good for dusting/cleaning walls and cleaning ceilings! I have one somewhere but I needed two more because I always figure you need three of everything, one for use, one for back up and one currently being washed. (This three copies rule works with cleaning and maybe bedding, actually it works with a lot of things).

3.Scrubbing Brush-Link
No one needs to YouTube "How to scrub floors" everyone knows how to do it. Well I bet maybe the queen doesn't, or do you think she gets out the knee pads out and gives the Sandringham Dining quarters a right old scrubbing! While the corgi's are sniffing her but and licking the fairy liquid soap off the floor. Sometimes you don't need a mop, the best thing you need to do is actually get down on the floor and scrub. This is what I'm gonna have to do with that stain underneath the carpet runner in the kitchen which the previous tenants have left us.

4.Jug
We have a fridge with a water dispenser and J never fills it after he uses it, I have to cut him some slack here, it is usually me that uses it more than him. But we were making a couple of dashes back and forth from sink to fridge to fill it up and now it does it in two jugs and not 5 glass pints. (I have grossly over reported the size of our kitchen if you were a really tall person you could literally shuffle from the sink to the fridge)

5. Tin opener
J broke ours on NYE being drunk.

6. Mop Head -Link
In my opinion the OG (ORIGINAL GANGSTERRR) of mop heads, the best mop head around. The all-round mop. All the flat mop heads in the world and the steam mops and the spray mops and still sometimes it doesn't beat this little baby. THREE QUID this little sucker was.

7. Scourers- Link
I always use the scourer bit of my sponge first and then its knackered and I have to lob it in the bin. Maybe I just needed the scourers. These are for the times I am just really pissed off at my non stick coating on my pans, I can scrub it off and have difficulty with omelettes once again

8.Sponges-Link
I actually squeezed these in the shop and went "oooooh that's dense" I think I touched these and thought of the skirting boards in EVERY room. Can you get turned on about the idea of getting on your knees and giving your skirt a good uplift? God What am I like? Anywhoo if you need a good dense sponge I think this baby will be your go to. My tip for making sponges last longer, cut them in two. Use one in the really dirty areas like your bathroom,
Anyways, that is my cleaning haul for this week. I hope you like it!









No comments

I love it when you leave comments, leave a blog post link or your twitter and I'll always message you to tell you I've replied.