Search

How to have a Proactive Sunday



I don't know how many times I googled "How to have a good Sunday" "Sunday Night/Day Routine", because for life Sundays is THE day that gets all the other days ready. It is the mother of the week, if you use Sunday's as effectively as they need to be used. So I'm gonna do a little series, because I have just moved out of my parents house and Sundays are fast becoming the most important day of the week for me, so as I learn to be more organised and stress-free I am going to document what I do on Sundays. In time I would like to vlog this, but for now we'll just stick to blogging.

Sunday 6th January
First of all let me start by saying that I woke up at 9am and stayed in bed for another hour, I don't have kids so there is no need for me to be up at the crack of dawn when no one is asking me to be. Sorry to all you mum's out there, I will get there when I am a bit older but for now I am getting as much chuffin sleep as I can while I'm young enough and free enough to get it. First thing I did was take some washing downstairs. Our Darks for the working week.






Sundays are a catch all day for me, if not everyone. The weekend for this purpose needs to be three days long not two, shall I make a petition on Gov.uk? They have tested a 30 hour work week and compressed hours work week over in the Netherlands and apparently the results are amazing for productivity.

On Sundays I clean, cook and do laundry. It's a housekeeping day for me, unless I am hungover then I ain't doing isshhhh. January the 6th was a different day because me and J had guests over for Sunday dinner. So my Sunday routine was thrown off kilter a little bit, however what we did for the extra guests we would have done for ourselves so it was just amplified a tad.
First of all we went to Dunelm Mills because I needed bits! See my post about my mini cleaning haul here then we went to aldi up the road for dinner ingredients. We found an angus roasting joint for £10 and it was the size of J's head.









We prepped the beef for the dinner (Blog post coming soon on how I utilize our slow cooker on sundays)and I emptied the washing machine and put the clothes on the radiators and then I started with the Cleaning Bathroom.






Now also me and J are looking after Bella, my cat that lives with my mum, because my mum is in Lanzarote, so because our bathroom has tiled floor the litter tray just begs to be put into this place at the side of the toilet. Its much easier to clean than if it was anywhere else because it's a place where people poop so why not put the stinky cat shit next to the stinky human shit. AMIRIGHHTT?!

Here's what I always do in the bathroom, without fail, as a minimum.

Bathroom Cleaning Checklist
Sprayed and wiped down the sink
Sprayed and wiped down the toilet
Sprayed and wiped down the bath, used shower head to rinse.
Sprayed and Wiped Shower Glass Screen

On top of this I also Hoovered the litter up, Bella likes to bury her poop but because shes not on the grass and she is on top of teeny tiny kitty shit rubble (litter) she flings it everywhere, thankfully because I had the nous to put in in the bathroom, hoovering up her shit flicking's was a piece of piss. I shook the bathroom mat and put it back in for her to wage her tirade on my bathroom once more.






But at least it was clean.

While I was doing that J was hoovering the living room, sofa and dining room.
Then he gave the hoover to me and I did the kitchen, the bathroom that's at the bottom of our stairs with litter, I emptied it, did the stairs with the lift away feature (Shark do do do do, baby shark). I will be doing a Shark Review soon






I tidied our bedroom too, using my bedroom checklist.

Bedroom Cleaning Checklist
Change bedding- every two week
Pick up everything up from floor and put in dirty basket or mid wear pile or bin
Take any pots downstairs
Wipe down the surfaces
Hoover






Then J came back with our guests while I fabreezed our bedding.. There was soo many pots we used all our pots, we had honey roast carrots, Parsnips, Roast Potatoes, cauliflower cheese, mash, and of course the beef. That we finished off in the oven after marinading and part cooking in the slow cooker.
Then after dinner we did most of the pots apart from two pans.

That was my sunday, what did you do on the 6th of Jan?
Leave me a comment below

No comments

I love it when you leave comments, leave a blog post link or your twitter and I'll always message you to tell you I've replied.