Search

YSL Rouge Pur Couture in Beige Tribute: My First High End Purchase

 Historical post- originally posted in 2013

Oh don't shout at me but as soon as I got my last student loan I went a little cray-zzayy and bought some things I would have justified because they are high end beauty, but I'm in my early twenties now and need some "big-girl-make-up".
I'm a bit of a scared-ie cat when it comes to lipstick because I love bright colours (at the moment), but they look garish against my natural skin tone, whatever my skin tone is, I am so pale I am see through, and I just cannot be bothered with fake tanning with all the University work I have on.
Tell me to shut my cake hole if I'm complaining, I just really wanted a luxury lipstick without going to all the effort of having a tanned face and body, to go with it. What happened to white-skinned glamour ey?








So lets talk about the lippie, the packaging is beautiful, it screams luxury it's gold for gods sake and it smells divine, it sort of reminds me of Krystal champagne. So the next time I can afford some Krystal I'm gonna make sure I have this lippie in my clutch, to see if YSL makes it taste any better, if so then I understand the meaning of expensive taste.
I love the gold stamp in the front, I haven't seen a lipstick packaged remotely like this anywhere so I believe I am free from blind labeling.
The texture of the lipstick is really soft too, if I don't start using it with a lip brush I can see myself over applying it.
It's a lot softer than MAC's lipsticks, as these seem to be drying, and it drys to a matte finish, which although they can be more dry that their creamier cousins they still enrich my lips with the feeling of a fresh lips scrub.

Shade
The shade is shade 10 called beige tribute in the rouge pur couture. And it's a pinky light brown with cool undertones.
Perfect, I love my nude colours that are cool toned.

I really like this lipstick, it's my first high end purchase and I'm glad I picked YSL.

2 comments

  1. AnonymousJune 01, 2013

    This looks like a really lovely lipstick! I've seen it on lots of blogs so it might be something to check out next time I'm shopping! :)

    I've also replied to your lovely comment on my blog! :)

    Layla xx

    http://www.laylasmakeup.com

    http://www.layladbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totes gonna get more shades, but they come at a pretty penny, and I'm not too shure which shades will work well with my skin tones at the moment as I'm super scared of the bright colours with are bang on trend at the moment.

      If you get one, please tell me what you think of it :)

      xx

      Delete

I love it when you leave comments, leave a blog post link or your twitter and I'll always message you to tell you I've replied.