Search

Lighting Inspiration: UK Highstreet Under £50

So if you've read my latest post about our Custom IKEA wardrobes you will have also read that the next major thing I am wanting is bedside tables and lamps, because I can't open my eyes when it is dark, I have to have them violated by light! So that is what I am aiming to do, I am aiming to violate my eyeballs with light. Wow sounds wrong but I am keeping it in the blog anyways just for the shits and gigs, you feel me?

So I need inspo! I've been crawling IKEA, B&M, The Range and Wilko for all the light goodness and I was thinking of pinning them all in a little mood-board but what the hell I want to do a Light inspo post on the old bloggeroo! There are no affiliate links in this post


First up IKEA Possibilities. Honestly, every frikken time I go there, my closest is Sheffield, I end up with a shopping list as long as my arm. Because I wanna get the bedroom sorted out of any other room first I think of things or see things and instantly wanna put it in the bedroom. I've already eyed up a new bed but I don't need a new bed so I really should stop going!

Link
I first saw these in the store and though OMG I have to get you. There is the smaller version at 44cm priced at £25 and the 60cm version for £45.

I honestly feel a little dubious of a brand that makes things a 3rd bigger but then charges nearly twice as much!

So being money shrewd that I am I feel as if I'm getting more lamp for my money if I get the smaller one!

This comes in gold and silver, we have silver on our wardrobe because it is mirror however I still want the gold.




Link Link
I have my eye on these two for one main reason, the DIY possibilities. I can wrap string or yarn around the lamp shade. I can spray paint it whatever colour I am feeling, I'd go with chrome and have a mixed metal vibe going on. I like the button at the bottom for ease of turning off and on.

We have just HACKED the IKEA wardrobe which was a drastic change as we literally drilled a hole through the shelf, so me and J are no stranger to a DIY project.

This comes at £12 for the base and  £18 for the Shade. The shade and base are both 35cm so this would be a rather large table lamp. I think it would be impressive. All together £30


Second up, B&M, the British mum's sweetheart for all things bargain, domestic and decor. I watch B&M hauls all the time on YouTube, I go there to buy my Lenor Unstoppables and laundry supplies because I ain't spending supermarket prices on things I need nearly everyday. I have a strict budget and one of the reasons I never go over the chuffin thing is because of B&M.


Link
B&M blow me away all the friggin time with their deals. This Lamp is £19.99, which is a fookin bargain if ya ask me!

It's 30 centimeters tall which will look good and the shades come in grey and black! I am a fan of light lampshades myself so I would probably switch this out with maybe a square head in a light colour. Or even make my own shade. No T No Lampshade.

RuPaul is grimacing somewhere I can feel it.

There's one Lampshade you won't see in this, velvet shades, hate crushed velvet beyond belief. Soz not Soz if you swear by it.

Link
THIS. IS. UNDER. SEVENTEEN. QUID

This Lamp here is £16.99, yes a penny under £17 is still under £17. I just writ the above statement about a lighter square shade, went back to B&M to be inspired and BAM, scrolled to this!

It's gorgeous.

One downside, its only 22cm which is a massive shame as I'd adore it if it was big. I love big lampshades with Fat bases and even Fatter heads, I just think they exude opulence.

A lampshade should be seen as a piece in your decor not small in the corner.


The Range, like B&M but a bit more substantial, the quality is better. I always find myself in the Range thinking everything is nice as they have looks and collections. The nautical look where everything reminds you of the seaside and sand and rope. Or Heritage where stags heads and hare lead a design focus.


Link
This is £32.99 and 67cm tall, compare this with the IKEA Lamp at 60cm and £45 theres a lot more lamp here for your money.

Again I would change out the Shade for a big square one for a bit more oomf! I wish they just sold the base of this as it is simply gorgeous.

More into the heritage vibe as I mentioned above, you can definitely picture this next to some pink tartan/rose gold bedding and a big chunky throw.

It makes me think of hot chocolate, open fires and lumberjacks. And for that that is why I have picked it, because J is a joiner, deals with wood, we have an open fire and I like tartan.



Link
This is a bit more pricier of the selection being £39.99 nearly £45. The size is 67cm like the hare version and they are from the same line of design in The Range.

These two almost match as a his and hers type product, especially if you are into the highland type decor.

Again, I would switch the lampshade to a square one to make it loud and proud but apart from that I think these two pieces from a high street store are luxurious.



Wilko, a high street goldmine for decor and decorating, they have had a bit of a resurgence in the last few years as Instagram has helped boost their sales and therefore their products have gotten more desirable and by that more expensive. Their name still screams budget as that is typically what it is remembered for, so I hope they keep an eye out on their prices because if they continue to keep a focus on their more expensive items they will soon loose their key customer base to competitors like B&M. 


Link
We all love a bit of Marble don't we. There was a massive trend in the last couple of years where people were contact papering anything if they couldn't afford the real deal.

The brands caught on and designed the mock versions at a smidgen of the price. Imagine if this was real marble. It definitely wouldn't be in wilko's then would it.

This is £25 and 48cm tall which is marvelous as I like my lights to be loud and proud.

It's a contender to the IKEA one in size and also design as the lampshade is MAH_OO_SIVE.


Wilko Grey Textured Carved Lamp
Link

This design is so interesting as the base is textured, how this would fair against dust would be a future problem if I purchased this.

It is £30 and measures 49cm. I think it would honestly go with every thing as it is pretty plain yet the texture of the base really adds its charm.

I wonder what this would look like with a copper base or spray painted in chrome affect to work with the light and shadow in the room.

 It's odd that something can be interesting yet standard at the same time.





Anyways my lovely's what did you think of my picks?
Is there any in particular you think I should go for as I don't think by writing this post it has made it any easier for me to decide. As always if you liked this post, please leave me a comment with your links to your content and your socials, I love reading them as much as I love writing them. 






 

No comments

I love it when you leave comments, leave a blog post link or your twitter and I'll always message you to tell you I've replied.