Search

Décor Inspiration: Ikea

FJELL Bed frame w storage+slatted bedbase IKEA 4 large storage drawers under the bed.

FJELL
Bed frame w storage+slatted bedbase, black

£345
Hello lovely readers, I was looking on twitter the other day and noticed a few of my lovely followers are going GA-GA over Cath Kidson inspired bedding. I used to adore the simple and minimalist décor style and now I'm leaning towards the flowery and even quite cottagey looking textiles. 
I still love minimalism, but that doesn't mean I can't have something pretty and also minimalist.
My bed is like the one shown in the picture above, mine's a more orangey wood oak colour and its revival Gothic nineteenth century, I won it on an auctioneer site, and because I'm currently in student halls some 60 miles away from home I've not had a chance to look at it properly.
Along with my bed, I won two wardrobes, one lady wardrobe which is wide and not as tall, to put all my "fine dresses and petticoats" in and another the slimmer taller master wardrobe for his "long Johns and dinner suits".It also came with a 3 drawer'd desk, I won all this for £520 which was an absolute bargain, and will no doubt last me for the rest of my life.
When I go home for Easter vacation (25th March- 12th April) I will be taking apart my old furniture and probably selling it on this blog, or on gumtree, I will feel sad to see my old furniture go because it was my first ever own bought furniture and has seen me through godless amounts of clothes for over three years.


EMMIE BLOM Quilt cover and 2 pillowcases IKEA Satin-woven lyocell; gives bedlinen a soft, silky feeling and lustre.URSULA Throw IKEAALVINE KVIST Quilt cover and 2 pillowcases IKEA Percale; crisp, cool bedlinen densely woven from fine yarn.IKEA STOCKHOLM Throw IKEA Mohair wool with a silky lustre.ÅKERTISTEL Quilt cover and 2 pillowcases IKEA Reversible;  contrasting sides for variation.OFELIA Blanket IKEA Stretchable; fits beds up to 180 cm wide.EMELINA KNOPP Quilt cover and 2 pillowcases IKEA Quilt cover with concealed press studs; keeps the quilt in place.

These are my favourites from the Ikea website, from Left to right, 

Emmie Blom 2 Pillows and Duvet £40, This is reversable, so one side is large flower print, and the other is small flower print.
Ursula Throw White Bleached £16 it looks like a cardigan, and because its 100% you can machine wash it and also tumble dry, don't bleach though.
Alvine Kvist 2 Pillows and Duvet £20, Both sides are the same, and its an absolute stunner for only £20
Ikea Stockholm Throw £25 It is made  made of 42% mohair (don't ask me what that is) 30% acrylic 18% wool and 10% polyester there fore I'd keep it away from places with high spillages, because you can only cool wash this, and it recommends to be dry cleaned. If you dry it will shrink because wool shrinks .
Akertistel 2 Pillowes and Duvet £15, ahhh my favourite, I have a white bedroom with one yellow wall in which my bed resides so this bedding would look amazing against that backdrop, its reversible to! Will be investing VERY soon.
Ofelia Blanket £16, this is my favourite blanket too because its stretchy, machine washable and looks so cosy. However it cannot by tumble dried which is ok, because the radiator in my room will dry it out.
Emelina Knopp 2 Pillows and Duvet £10, what a bargain, and so pretty, its minimalist with the cottage edge which I like, might have to get this one as well for the backup cover.

All these covers and throws can be found at ikea, but just in case I have include links


Like This... Love These.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments

I love it when you leave comments, leave a blog post link or your twitter and I'll always message you to tell you I've replied.